- The BoxCutters Win Zoo Music Awards Blues/Jazz Category!
Saturday March second was a monumental day for The Boxcutters. After playing in the ZOOMA round of five showcase at Brooks and Browns, The BoxCutters were named the winners of the Blues/Jazz category at a packed red carpet gala at the Wilma theater. To see photos, video, or just get a general feel for the event, check out the Zoo Music Awards facebook page.
Thanks to all our fans, friends, and family for supporting us. Thanks to all the local area businesses that supported or hosted the event. Mostly, thanks to Missoula for being such an awesome town to be a musician in! Without the supportive nature of this town we wouldn't have the opportunity to play our music. Let's keep things this way! Support local music!
- Zoo City Music Awards
Thanks to all of you who voted for us! We made it to the showcase round of the Zoo Music Awards! Come down to Brooks & Browns (downstairs inside the Holiday Inn) this Saturday and help us advance to the final show at the Wilma! Check the schedule in this weeks Independent for what time we go on-or come on down and listen to all bands all night!
- Check out our new show listings!
Check out our new show listings!
Hillstomp is coming back to town, and we are opening for them April, 19th at the Top Hat, and the 20th at The Filling Station in the Bozone.
- Halloween Show was a PARTY
"One of the best Halloween sets we've ever had. Seriously. I've never seen couples dancing at a Halloween party. I did last night. You guys are chick magnets. Lets get you in the compound again soon."
--Colin Hickey, The Badlander's Booking Agent and Talent Buyer, after our Halloween Show.
- Halloween parties range from kid-friendly to 'Grotesque, Flesh' - The Missoulian
- The Boxcutters, a guitar-drums duo, will take on the songs of fellow blues-rock two-pieces the White Stripes and the Black Keys. [Read More...]
- Poster Contest!
Alright ladies and gents! We're going to start a poster contest. Anyone out there interested in designing us a poster, or know someone who might be interested?? Our aim is to go out on a long tour this coming summer and we'll need a badass poster to send to all the venues. When designing this poster, try to think deranged buffalo, psychedelic native Americans, and Custer's terrified infantry men. But feel free to take it any direction your heart desires. Other things to keep in mind are: we are from Montana and want to represent hard, we rock hard, Montana is badass, We are a two man rock band, and Montana is badass.
Please pass this info on to anyone you think might be interested. We are not sure what the prize will be yet, but we think it will have to do with beer and cigarettes. The winner will also get their name somewhere on the poster, which will be seen in other states, and we will do our best to heavily promote the artist and their work. Hit us up with any questions. Alright everyone, Rock and Roll!
- Root of Evil: The BoxCutters dig up the dirt on their new album
- William Birkenbuel has a few regrets: spotlight-hunting coyotes in his hometown of Great Falls when he was in high school; maybe a little too much partying and chasing girls. But that's what rock and roll confessionals are for. Along with drummer Abe Jindrich, the guitarist and songwriter for Missoula's The BoxCutters lays it all out there in a new album titled The Evil in Young Men. "I've been trying to think of a way to explain it," says Birkenbuel, "but that's pretty much what these songs are: growing up and suffering from heartache and causing heartbreak and all the evil things you do in between to pass the time." [Read More...]
- Box Cutting at the Top Hat
- Though the dance floor started empty, by the end of the show many of the barâ€™s patrons had jammed their way to center stage. The bandâ€™s sound, powered by Bill Birkenbuelâ€™s throaty, yelled vocals and lead guitar along with Abe Jindrichâ€™s driving drums, ranges from blues rock to garage rock... [Read More...]